6 winter fashion trends

What's trending the winters of 2016-2017?

Ok, so last year we saw a come back of metallics, velvets, denims and sheers... And some have transcended into the new year too. But there are a few fashion trends that have made a come back this year from wayyyyyy back when, and I hope it stays on for a while!

But before that, here's a thing... I have been watching the re-runs of That's so Raven (since, you know... free time lol) and guess what I find... While watching the episodes, I thought that there was infact something remarkably familiar about the fashion trends from 2000-2005 and now! The late 90s early 2000s saw a major nod towards bell bottoms, flares, ruffles, tassels and embroideries, with the likes of Raven Symone's character from "That's so Raven", and Hillary Duff's character "Lizzie McGuire" setting off the massive trend... And just like history loooooves to repeat itself, so does fashion ;) So, I hope your parents didn't throw away their own "back-in-fashion" styles, accessories and props... 

Let's have a look at what is setting up the trend right now...

1. Embroideries are back!


They are pretty, they are artistic and they are back! From high end brands like Michael Korr to budget stores like Zara, enbroideries are taking the fashion trend by storm, yet once again. And this time, the designers have gone full on with the pretty thread works on not just the normal fabrics like cotton, polyester and lace but also denims, leathers, and even shoes...


I cannot get enough of the embroidered outfits and accessories... Oh and the shoesssss!!! Check out new look and river island to name a few for their lovely embroidered shoes.


 

2. Crazy layers and quirky androgenous combos


I don't know what is up with this trend but I'm kinda digging it...


But honestly, I am at a bit of a loss here with the combos to be honest... However, I sure would love to try some out, and work the quirk ;) These androgenous combos are strange yet stylish, from shirts topped with coats, paired with frilled trousers to bralets on dresses and skirts over jeggings... If you can pull it off, show it off...

3. Off shoulder tops


"Brush that dirt off your shoulders girl..."

 

Soooo, a summer trend actually making it big in the winter... It's not just the tight yoga pants and deep necklines that can say sexy with style... Off shoulders are here to stay as the beautiful curves of the shoulders make an alluring sight to behold just as the lovely lady assets... In fact, I love a lovely top that accentuate smart and pretty without making obvious suggestions...

4. Ruffles and frills


Ruffles, frills, pleats... OMG! I cannot get enough <3 These zara collections are seriously working it! I have already grabed me that red ruffled jumper and the white layered jumper. It is so 1500s, I feel victorian and I am in love...


Although, I must admit, ruffles tend to add volumes to the wearer, and they are not something that can be pulled off with whatever, so I will be careful about how I pair them and how much of it I would like to wear...
 

5. Destressed denim tassles


I do love me some flare and drama ;)

 

But, seriously, how easy and cute are these denim ends? Do I feel a DIY coming along? Should I? Or perhaps not... Hmmmm... It's not really me, but I just can't take how easy and adorbs these are!!!

6. Chocker neck style


Talk about adding a bit of kink to the style... These chocker neck styles are quite sexy in my opinion, at the same time, they aren't real chockers to stifle the wind-pipe. In a nice and simple evening dress, this is the perfect style to add that sexiness that says "Yes! I'm dangerous ;)" Lol... Seriously though, don't listen to me ;P I know nothing about fashion... But I do love the simplicity of this design and how it turns a normal top into something sassy...

And that's it... My 6 favourite or most eye-catching trends from late 2016-early 2017 that I would recommend for my peeps to try out. Hope you enjoyed the post... Will be doing a few DIYs myself too in the future to keep up with the changing (and even repeating) trends...

Until then...

Tudaloooooooooo!!!!

Comments