Killing stress...

You either kill the stress, or it kills you...

I have been under a lot of stress lately... It has been about a year since I have felt this manic ever-present anxeity and worry in the back of my head. Be it for my PhD, my job hunts, organising the many travels that I have been on, or my personal life in general. I have tried many things, and to a large extent they have helped profusely, but the stress never really seems to go away. There is  literally a light ache in the side or back of my head that cannot be relieved simply by a massage or anything external.


There have been times when I have found my thoughts digress. It has happened quite a lot recently. And to a lot of people this may seem normal, but I am a very methodical person, and likes to keep my head very organised. So this is not just bothersome, it is down right stressful to me. The catch 22 is, it is caused by stress to start with, and because I am unable to think straight at times, it leaves me even more stressed. A vicious cycle then ensues... But it is to be expected when the going gets tough. And believe me, PhD is no walk in the park, it is a marathon in a very unsual pace that is both uncomfortable and what feels like relentlessly uneffective.

Anyway... I just need to keep floating on... Keep working on!

Comments