White rocky roads

Here's a confession, I have never been big on white chocolates... And as a chocoholic friend of mine aptly puts it, "it is not chocolate if it is white!" Lol... But all jokes apart, I personally do not prefer it as the milky flavour over powers the whatever % of chocolate in the concoction and it always is a tad bit too sweet... Hence, a deal breaker for me. Although I do like lindt white chocolate bars to a large extent... But I'm more of a dark chocolate person, I enjoy the low sugar, more stronger taste of bitter cocoa. Anyway, while I was browsing through my food cupboard one day (yeah, I do that, one of my fav. pass times :p) I was intrigued by a packet of cooking white chocolate I had bought for baking purposes, and I thought, "what if I try something new? Like, white chocolate rocky roads... I mean, it's easy, quick, and I already have most of the ingredients available..."

And so, this is what I came up with... 



Yes, I know, looks messy but nice at the same time :p

I think I don't mind these as much as they have low sugar biscuits and nuts to neutralize sugary spasms the white chocolate would induce... Anyway, here's how to make these babies:


Ingredients:

1 cup cooking white chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup butter
3-4 digestive biscuits, broken to small bits
1/2 cup small marshmellows
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 nuts of choice (allergen)


Procedure:

 Line a dish or cake pan with butter paper. Pour all the dry ingredients together and combine well. 

Melt chocolate and butter together in microwave for 10 secs. Mix and then microwave for 10 more secs. Repeat till the chocolate and butter is completely melted and smooth. Do it for 40-60 secs tops... Do not over do it as the chocolate starts to dry up and crumble.

Pour the chocolate onto the dry mix and combine well. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Depending on the thickness, it may take longer or lesser time to set.

Cut into rectagles/squares/go crazy and serve...

AND THAT IS LITERALLY IT!!!




For added taste, you could also add coconuts, sweet banana chips, dried berries, pistachios or anything that you would like in your rocky roads. I will certainly make these again, with more flavours. Hope you liked the simple and quick recipe...

Now, enjoy your snack time and tea ;)
 
 

Comments