Fig and goat cheese salad


So, I have just returned from Montpellier, France. It was an official trip from the Uni, where I had to present my research work to the industrial personels and University researchers/professors alike. But I did get to cherish my share of fun too above all. Anyway, now the French are quite proud and famous for their cuisine, and I would give it them that indeed some of their dishes are quire delectable. However, I have profusely indulged myself in the mediterranean salamis during the course of my trip, that I just cannot get enough of, and which sadly cannot be found in the UK that readily. Anyway, inspired by the trip, I have a few recipes up my sleeves that I would definitely like to try and share with you all in due time. However, here is something healthy yet utterly delicious that I have whipped up: a scrumtious fig and goat cheese salad. Yes, it is indeed inspired by my recent visit to the mediterranean. And I have to say that I absolutely love how it tastes... If you haven't ever tried figs with goat cheese then I cannot even begin to explain what devinity you are missing from experiencing... Seriously, it is just so good... A very simple recipe, provided you find all the ingredients during the peak season. You will surely ask for more! Here's how to prepare one:

Ingredients:

1. 1-2 ripe honey fig 
2. 3 tablespoon of goat cheese
3. Mediterranean colourful crispy greens like spinach, lambs lettuce, beetroot leaves and red chards
4. Teaspoon of italian herbs
5. Balsamic vinegar to taste
6. Olive oil to taste
7. Black pepper to taste


Recipe:

1. Cut the figs into quarters. 

2. Break/cut the goat cheese into small pieces.

3. Toss all the salad leaves together with the figs and cheese then season with herbs and black pepper.

4. Season with herbs, pepper, oil and vinegar

And now, DIG IN!

Comments