Chocolate and jam shortbreads



Yummsational...!!! Oh, where do I even begin! This is a recipe I am most certainly proud of. It was really easy to make and packed a whole lot of punch (of flavours) with every bite!

It is chocolatey, it is jammy, it is yummy beyond words. Trust me when I say, this recipe is easy and amazing... I came up with the recipe as I had a few biscuits lying around from my white chocolate rocky roads recipe (I don't eat biscuits generally), and my lovely friend Rachel had given us a bottle of her lovingly home-made black berry and elderberry jam. Oh, and who doesn't have chocolate in their house!?! Anyway, what I came up with amazed me too since it was a major success and a hit with my sugar-fiend partner. So, without further ado, here's what you'll need:

Ingredients:

For base:
5-6 digestive oats biscuits
1/4 cup butter, melted

For filling:
500g cooking chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup unsalted butter or cream

 

Procedure:

  • Crush the biscuits in a blender till powdered and then add the butter, and combine till crumbly texture is attained. Add more butter if the base is too crumbly.

  • Layer a pie dish with the buttery biscuit base... Ooops! I guess you know what this means...!?!



  • Next, spoon in the home-made jam onto the base layer and spread evenly. You can also chill the base for at least 15 minutes before this step if the base is too soft and crumbly. Put it in the fridge.

  • In a microwave safe bowl, add the chocolates and butter or cream and microwave for 1 minute with interval and stirring every 20 sec.

  • Once the chocolate has melted and well combined with the butter/cream, pour the mixture onto the jammy base. Let cool before refridgerating for at least 1 hour.

  • Cut into small slices and serve!




My tea-time is sorted... Now, get going and sort yours. Let me know how you find them xxx

Until then,

Much love,

JB


Comments