Oops! Guest at home and there is nothing good to eat for breakfast :O Yikes!!! Ok, calm down... I need something quick to prepare and delicious to eat pronto!
Well, thank heavens for the quick breads!
This isn't the first time I have prepared my own emergency bread for breakfast that is both much more interesting and delicious than normal bread :D So, here is my very own recipe for coconut and vanilla quick bread. I just added white chocolate chips for added effect!
Ingredients:1 cup coconut flour
1 cup self raising flour
1 tbsp baking soda
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar or honey
1/2 cup chopped white chocolate
1 teaspoon vanilla
Pinch of salt
1 large egg
1/3 cup coconut oil
Makes 6-8 muffins of delicious sweet bread
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree C and grease or line your muffin tray with greaseproof paper. You can even use a bread tin since it is a quick bread.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a blender blend the milk, egg, vanilla and coconut palm oil.
- Pour the blended liquid into the dry mixture and mix until the mixture is moist. The texture will be wet crumbly.
- Pour it into the muffin tray or bread pan and sprinkle some white chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30 or 40 minutes respectively until the skewer comes off clean when inserted in the middle and the top is golden brown. Let cool for 2-5 minutes before devouring!
And that's it... Breakfast is served!