Almond shortbread cookies


Here's my attempt at almond cookies. The recipe for this was very simple with mostly the same ingredients as my buttery lavender shortbread, but with almonds instead of lavender. However, why stop there? While you are at it, you can also add some coconut flakes to make coconut and almond cookies, or just use coconuts if you have nut allergies (coconuts are palms and not nuts so you should be fine). Here, I devided my cookie dough and sprinkled with the two different toppings. I can assure you that both worked absolutely beautifully and before long, the cookies were all devoured by my cookie fiend partner :D

 Anyway, here's the recipe:


Ingredients:


55g Castor sugar

180g Plain flour

125g Butter (unsalted or slightly salted)
Handful of almond flakes

Recipe:

  1. Melt the butter in a cup in a microwave for 20-30 seconds, then add it to the bowl of sugar and whisk till well combined while the butter cools.
  2. Pour the flour slowly slowly whilst whisking the mixture continuosly to keep a good consistency.
  3. Now, roll it out with a rolling pin on a well floured surface to a thickness of 1 cm, and cut up into any shape you like. I just cut mine to about 1" by 1" squares.
  4. Lastly, sprinkle with almond flakes and put it in the fridge for 20 minutes.
  5. Lay them on a butter paper and bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly golden-brown. Once done, let cool for 5 min. 
Now enjoy!!!

Please also try my lavender shortbreads and leave your feedbacks :)

Comments