Jam tarts have to be one of my favourites and ridiculously easy desserts to make. Ok, this is not really a "2-ingredients" recipe per-se but a very easy one if you have the right ingredients already, courtesy of my lovely housemate, Chris... Perfectly delicious treat for tea, or as pudding after a meal.
Ingredients:1. 1 roll of ready made puff pastry sheet (I use 320g Jus-rol)
2. 1 bottle of your favourtie jam
- To prepare the mini pie tray, layer the tray with butter and then dust it with a bit of flour.
- Cut the puff pastry into 12-16 small circles, big enough to fill the holes of muffin tin. Cut 12-16 more circles to cover the pastries.
- Press the pastries down into the holes and spoon in your favourite jam/jelly/marmalade. We used strawberry jam and also some ginger marmalade, which by the way is the best flavour so far!
- Cover the pies with the pastry tops. You can also brush the top with egg wash if you wish.
- Now, bake in the pre-heated oven for 25-30 mins until puffy and golden brown at 180 degree C. Let cool for 5 minutes on wire rack and serve with warm custard or chilled cream...