Lately, I have been craving a lot (and I mean A LOT) of chocolatey sweet treats. But too much is never good and my weight is starting to give in under all this cravings... So, I wanted to try something new, healthy and quirky... To make sugarless, flourless, healthy brownies... Yup yup yup! It is indeed possible! How you ask? Well, organic nut butter is your answer. It is the key ingredient that makes them delicious brownies possible despite no oil and flour since the nut has almost everything that it takes to make the perfect brownies. All you need to add now is some sugar and chocolate. But why stop there at substituting something healthy in? I used banana and honey as my sweetners, besides banana give that extra special flavour to the treat. So, enjoy theses babies as they are:
- Full of protien
Here are my ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of nut butter, any nut butter is fine. I used organic slightly salted crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of organic chocolate, powder or unsweetened cooking chocolate bar
- 1 large egg (optional)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- Preheat the open at 180 degree C. Melt the nut butter in the microwave for about 2 minutes or until it is all soft.
- In a bowl, blend everything together until a smooth well blended consistency is reached. I added egg for better binding although the recipe should still work without it, just use 3 bananas instead of 2.
- Pour everything in a baking dish. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean when pierced through the centre of the brownie.
Cut in squares and garnish with slices of banana if you'd like :)