The Great Pyramids of Giza


Oh my! How long have I dreamed of this day when I, in my full conciousness, stand in front of the greatest wonder of the ancient world! Something I had only read in books and never in my wildest dreams thought possible as a child...

This was my very first trip to Egypt, as well as Africa. Initially, the plan was to just stay at the resort site in Hurgada and enjoy our week by the deep blue sea. But what kind of an idiot would I be to come this close and miss the legendary pyramids??? 

So, this little expedition of mine to Cairo sity was a part of an amazing diving trip to the Red Sea, organised by my lovely friend. Yes, it was a little tedious to get up at 2:30 in the morning and get the groove on by 3:30AM itself, and travel for 5 hours (each way) to and fro from Cairo in the hired car. The trip was all that I could have wished for dispite the fact that it took so long just to get from point A to point B. The trip comprised of visiting the national museum of Cairo, drive around River Nile, and then stroll through the Pyramids of Giza, take loads of picture, eat some delicious Egyptian delicacies, and then drive back for next 5 hours to get back by 10PM. Yes, it meant we didn't have a loooooot of time in hand to see EVERYTHING in Cairo but I can not complain whatsoever!

Anyway, before I give you the details of the trip, check out the shots we got :)



http://pridenstyle.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/the-great-pyramids-of-giza.html

 




 





The legendary River Nile



JBxxx

Comments