Here's a delectable recipe for one of the finest Indian curries you can ever try. It's creamy with the delicious flavour of cashew and coconut. Anyway, the only difficult part of the recipe is finding the right ingredients, there are simpler ways to make it but to get the best taste, it is necessary to follow the recipe through… If you do have the ingredients ready, it only takes about 23-25 minutes before you can dig into this finger-licking goodness…
1. 2 large chicken breasts, diced
2. 1 tablespoon cashew powder
3. 2 tablespoon coconut milk or fresh cream.
4. 3 spring onions or 1 onion chopped
5. 1-2 tablespoon bolognese sauce or 1 large tomato
6. 1-2 teaspoon mixed spice powder
7. 1 teaspoon whole spices
8. 1 tablespoon olive oil
9. 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
10. Salt to taste
11. 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
12. 1 tablespoon kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) - optional
1. First of all, add oil in a wok or pan. Fry whole spices till they start to crackle, then fry the spring onions or onions till brown.
2. Then add the bolognese sauce and the cashew powder. An alternative option can be to fry chopped tomatoes and cashews together, then make a paste in a food processor. Then add this paste into the pan. It will just take you an extra 4-5 minutes.
3. Add the mixed spice powder and chilli flakes into the paste. Cook till you can see oil oozing out of the paste.
4. Add chicken and cook in medium flame till the chicken pieces are sealed from all the sides. Takes 8-10 minutes tops.
5. Add 1 cup of water and stir for 2 minutes in medium flame.
6. Next, add the coconut cream or fresh cream, stir, cover and cook for 2-3 minutes till the cream is all mixed.
7. Add salt, dry fenugreek leaves, and butter or ghee. Stir, cover and cook for 5 more minutes before taking it off of the hob.
Serve hot with rice, pulao, egg fried rice, naan or paratha. Relish!