Cooking time: 30-35 mins
I love soups, they are delicious and so easy to make... Recently, I have been trying out new soup recipes and flavours by my own to experiment with different flavours and see how they compliment (or not) each other.
Here's one simple one I made after trying a waitrose soup cup on my way back to Southampton on a drive way: Leek and stilton. Of course I put some of my own additions but kept it quite simple. I am willing to conduct further experiments with the same flavours in the future ;) Till then, enjoy:
1. 1 leek, cleaned and chopped
2. 2 small potatoes, chopped
3. 50g stilton
4. Pinch of salt
5. Pinch of black pepper
7. 1/2 cup cream
1. Put the leek and the potatoes with a pinch of salt in just enough water to half submerge the vegeies in a saucepan. Cover and boil till tender.
2. Once the leek and potatoes are tender, set them aside to cool for a bit. Pour the vegetables along with the water into a blender and blend them well.
3. Now transfer the soup back to the saucepan, season with some black pepper and simmer for 5 minutes, do not boil.
4. Add the stilton, cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes on low heat.
5. Lastly, add the cream and simmer for 4 more minutes before serving it hot.