My China Menu...


So, I went for an interesting meal with my friend to this whole new place I didn't know existed! My friend and I do PhD together and we have both been really REALLY busy for a while that we decided we really had to meet up for a nice day out... 

Bless her, she offered to drive me to this place she highly reccomended and wanted me to try out, and treat me lunch. It is about 20 minutes away from Southampton, most of the way to Farehem...

http://kamspalace.co.uk/
Kams Palace Restaurant
Beautiful roof

Amazing gate...
 The restaurant we arrived at was chinese, called Kams Palace... And I kid you not when I say this, the place is literally out of a dream I once saw... May be I saw it a while ago on my way somewhere and it got stuck in my subconscious... 

Anyway, the place is quite meticulously decorated with bamboo like greem ceramic chinese style roof, immaculate oriantal style gate, intricate stone lion statues (culturally considered to ward off evil), beautiful koi fish (bringer of good fortune) swimming in a little pool just at the front entrance for the romance of it all. But my real interest is of course with the food... And it was, let's just say, interesting... In a wierd way!

We ordered quite a few dishes since each dish was quite small in portion and reasonably cheap. We began with the traditional jasmine tea and some tapioca pudding in coconut milk. The main course came in little steamers as we were served the dishes one by one. There was a large variety of exotic dishes, and it was the first time I tried duck tongues (with black beans), ox intestine, and  sticky rice with chicken wrapped in lotus leaf (see link for an example image)... We also had prawn dumplings, scallops steamed in flour wraps, pork and raddish cakes, and spicy chicken feet with peanuts. Well, despite the unappetising nature of the ingredients I must clear up one thing, everything was D.E.licious! I absolutely loved the steamy goodness of the authentic cantonese flavours... 

Have a look at the dishes I could manage to take a picture of before chowing down on them...


Duck tongue in black bean

Ox intestine

Soft and Savoury Pork and Raddish Cakes

Steamed Scallop Wraps

Tapioca Pudding with Cassava in Coconut Milk

In all, I would definitely recommend it to all my cultural food enthusiasts and/or chinese food enthusiasts who like to food explore... 

I give 9/10 to Kams Palace Restaurant for the cozy ambience, the lovely oriental decor inside-out, the authenticity of the menu, and the friendly service!!!

See ya until next...

Comments