A Wedding to Remember.... In Chile

Meet the bride and the groom!
I try not to write about personal matters too much unless it is something others can benefit from, but this experience was something I thought I just have to share with you all. Starting with my friends, all I can say is often we meet people in our journey of life and occasionally we stumble across someone who makes us stop... But that stop is just as worthwhile. I am more than glad to say how important this wedding has been to me, to be with the people I will cherish forever... To be with whom even the Atlantic ocean is but a mere pool... To celebrate an important occasion of whom a week is but a lifetime... 

Made in heaven...
Seriously, the wedding was truly perfect! The whole event was very well thought-out and organised. This would be my very first christian(ish) wedding so it's quite an experience for me too. The whole affair was full 12 hours long, from 5PM till 5AM, but hey, who's complaining? Not me, that's who! 

The exotic venue for the wedding was itself by a massive lake. The guests were all seated facing the serene lake, while bride and the groom themselves arrived on a boat to the aisle, where the priest was awaiting them for the main wedding ceremony. Once the pair were off board, the bride's father and the bride came to the front of the aisle and walked down ceremoniously towards the groom on the path paved with rose petals, while everyone looked up in aw. The look in the groom's eyes speak a thousand words, don't you think? Words can never express enough so I will let the pictures do the talking... Here are the highlights from the wedding:


   
    

Then the ceremony began. I'll be honest, at times it got hard to follow since everything was in spanish but I could at follow what the message was. The best man and the maid of honour (both friends to the couple) gave a speech on behave of the newly wed. But the absolutely heart-touching, tear-jerking reading of the vows made even the priest cry with aww... 

Then the entertainment evening began... First, the couple and their parents danced to a live band, followed by everyone joining them on the floor with the traditional chilean dance. I must say, the chileans know how to "hook it up"! Yup! The party was ON!!! We danced, with a little bit of drinking and a lot of exquisitely well catered food (I'm in love with the tortillas) for 3 hours before it was dinner time. In the dinner there were tables set for about 100 people (best number for wedding IMO, lol!), with me seated with the newly-wedded couple and their family. 


   
    

The evening ensued with the mother of the bride singing a beautiful chilean song, followed by a little "thank you" speech by the couple. Then came the entertainment quarter with a funny comedian + magician entertaining the night away while we tucked on the starters of crabs. Then came the lavish main course of 2 massive chunks of tuna steaks with while sauce and capers and massive piece of tortilla. I cannot tell you how gorgeous it was, both looks and taste wise. While we were chowing down, the screen played small movies prepared by the groom including his childhood, her childhood, their time together (especially amazing travels together, gosh they are an inspiration!), uni times (which includes me ;p) and also a hilarious short film made by the couple about their life together starting from their first kiss (within 2 hours of meeting for the first time apparently...) till present. It all went on for about an hour and half.

After the dinner and the coffee came the belly dancers, who were pretty impressive on their own accord but I must say I really love their music! 


 

Once the show was over, it was time for everyone to groove! The jam was ON, with superb latin music (I so love...), and the dances - from bachata to free style. How much more grander can a wedding EVER get??? But that's not all, there was the surprise after-party for 3 hours more past dawn in a disco bus... A DISCO BUS!!! 




Seriously, it was such a treat to watch the newly wed, they kept their energy through the entirety of the wedding... It was an honour to be with them, to be a part of their big day, dance with them, drink with them... May they be together forever...


aJBcj

Comments