Mango Cheesecake


Hey did you know that to get the thickest most stiff whipped cream you can just toss some double cream in your blender, turn it on and let the magic happen? Yup, no kiddin', I made the best whipped cream cheesecake in my trusty blender and I could not be more satisfied. They are the best if you want whipped cream that do not ever loosen up. Seriously, it was TIGHT!

So, couple of weeks ago I made this surprisingly easy yet amazing dessert for my friends for a dinner night and I must say, I am quite happy with the results, I mean I didn't get any complaints so... Anyway, moving on to my mango cheesecake recipe, here is what you'd need...

Mango cheesecake Ingredients:

1. 1 cup double cream
2. 1/2 cup Philadelphia cream cheese
3. 2-3 tablespoon home-made mango jelly
4. 1-2 tablespoon sugar
5. 8 of your favourite medium cookies or biscuit

Okay, to start with, I first prepared my mango jam/jelly a day before I made the cheesecake, no particular reason why, just had time to do so... So, for my mango jam, you'll need,

2-ingredient Mango jam recipe:


1. 2 fresh mango, peeled and stoned
2. 1.5 tablespoon sugar


Just blend the mango in a blender. Heat a saucepan and start simmering the mango pulp with the sugar on medium-high heat till it thicken. Should be done in about 20-25 minutes. To be honest, I didn't let it boil for too long and it rather looked more like honey than jelly but still, tasted no lesser than AWESOME!

My mango jam

Cheesecake procedure:


Now coming to the cheesecake,

Step 1: first crush the cookies or biscuits of your choice in the crusher/blender and layer your dessert dish or cups with the biscuit. You can definitely mix it with low-salted butter to give it more integrity, I honestly don't really mind it being more crumbly than proper biscuit base for cheesecakes, and plus my friend for whom I had made the dinner is allergic to butter, so there...



Step 2: next, whip the double cream, cream cheese and sugar in the blender to get the best whipped result ever. Alternatively you can blend the cream, and cream cheese with sugar separately then fold them together. Whatever you wish :) 



Step 3: Add a spoon or two on mango jam in the cream and cheese batter and swirl just once or twice to give a nice white and yellow swirls.



Step 4: now layer the cheesecake and jam batter over the biscuit base and finally, top it with a spoon on home-made mango jelly, or even pieces of fresh mangoes and BAMM!




Fresh mango cheesecakes at your service!


Comments