Marigold and goat cheese omelette


I love flowers, I love them so much that I can eat them :p Lol! But seriously, how cool is that when you can actually eat all those pretty colours? So, combining my passion for cooking and love for flowers into one, I will be cooking a simple yet subtle dish with one such pretty flower - Marigold.

Marigold is a flower of many memories...
My home, my family, my childhood, weddings... Everywhere I went, it was always there, blooming... The bedazzling vibrant saffron colour brightning up the whole ambeince and the strong homely fragrance wafting in the summer air... All these make them one of the best wedding flowers, especially in India... And as a matter of fact it is indeed synonymous to big weddings and celebrations for me. Anyway, just recently I found out that you can in fact cook with these flowers or even eat them raw in salads and desserts. They taste slightly peppery with a very slight hint of bitter to it.


Ingredients:

1. 2 marigold flowers
2. 3 eggs
3. 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
4. Pinch of pepper
5. Pinch of salt
6. Olive oil


Let's get cooking:

1. First of all, wash the flowers and then pick out the petals in to a bowl. 




2. Then break three eggs into the bowl.



3. Season with pepper and salt. If you like you can throw in some herbs of your preference. Beat it all together till fluffy and whites and yolks all mix.



4. Heat a bit of olive oil in a frying pan. Once hot add the omelette mixture and let it half cook. Should take about 5-6 minutes. Don't let it completely cook, leave the top of the omelette still runny.

5. Now sprinkle the goat cheese all over the omelette and cook for 2 minutes.



6. Fold it and take it off the pan. Slice it up and garnish (if you want) with some ketchup or brown sauce and some herbs.



Relish!!

Comments