Vegan banana Bread

Banana cake
Left my bananas uneaten far too long again… They are now quite over ripe to the extent that I do not want to eat them raw anymore. 

What to do??? Well, cook them of course! What other way to use up those over-ripen fruits than to make marmalades, cakes and other treats out of them? 


So, here's my recipe for a vegan banana cake/bread… To be honest, it incidentally turned out to be a vegan cake since I had no eggs at home and I usually don't like to use butter in my cakes. So there you go :) Happy coincidence!! 

Alright, so coming to the recipe…

Ingredients:

2 ripe bananas
1 cup (16 tablespoon) self raising flour
1/4th teaspoon baking soda
1/4th cup (4 tablespoon) oil
1/2 cup (8 tablespoon) sugar

Ingredients

Tools:

A large bowl
Measuring cup
Beater
Baking tin
 Baking parchment/grease paper

Appliances and utensils

This recipe serves 8-10 medium slices.


Directions:

Preheat the oven at 180 degree C. Meanwhile, beat all the ingredients together in a bowl till a nice consistent (more or less) batter. 

Note: Apparently you aren't meant to beat it much but just fold it thoroughly, but I wanted to just do it quick and also see what would happen otherwise…

Use spoon to pour it out
Once mixed, pour it up in to the prepared cake tin. I used baking paper since it's less hassle for a lazy sod like me. You can also grease the tin with a bit of oil and dust with flour like I usually do.

Bake for 30-35 minutes… Check with skewer/knife and see if it comes out clean when stabbed through the centre.

Ready in 30… 
It did not fluff up as much as I expected despite adding baking soda and self raising flour. But by the time the cake was done, it really smelled so good! The banana flavour was wafting all over the house <3

Once done, cool for 10 minutes. Like I expected, it wasn't extremely soft but it did have a bread like texture, but it was indeed yummy nonetheless…

Serve warm with jam or dollop of cream or ice cream… Mmmm… 

RELISH!



Until next meal…

Love always,


JB’s Kitchen

Comments