Refreshingly Summery Flavoured Water




Right, so finally I have ticked off one of my summer to do list items - Fruit Flavoured Water! I love fruits and fresh fruit juices, I don't really mind the store bought juices in bottles and cartons, but they've got nothing on the real deals. Anyway, I'd been meaning to do this for quite a while but just didn't get around to making it. Wonder why, since it's so simple!

Anyway, this is one of those recipes that can NEVER go wrong. It's bursting with flavours, it's healthy, queches the thirst and more, and is downright refreshingly summery!
 
Okay, so here's what you need:

 Fruits, fruits, fruits and loooooads of differet types of seasonal fruits... And some glasses. I picked oranges, summer berries, grapes and my summer favourite - Watermelon.

I will be making 4 quick flavoured drinks that you can put together in minutes for that relaxing bbq party guests :)

Drink no.1 and 2: For the first two types, I used an orange, 2-3 strawberries and some bluberries. For this, I first quartered the orange and then sliced one of the quarters.
Then I removed the top of the strawberries and halved them.
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg8UEmBc2DMeNYiRdGzwfDe2a2xcjAkn8DtGZVBjXsoSF3626MTEGcaNl7ZPeY0GJKtIKQnMHvZBFyydZIAPlAI6mbCP1TJLsrJ9RViJ4SH6MgZbbOXVCxKyP8QF8_RskHf5EV08im_5wSf/s1600/DSC00803.JPG

Put it all in a cocktail glass and top it up with chilled water, lemonade or even pimms. I made another one with orange slices and a handful of blueberries.
Drink no. 3: Watermelon in water! Just cut out a slice of watermelon. I really love the variety I bought from my weekly Uni fruit market. It is most probably genetically enhanced to be seedless but it sure is extremely refreshing and sweet.
I could write paras on fruits... Am such a fruit fiend!!!!
Cut out the red flesh from the rind...
Slice it to thin pieces.
And drop them into a wine glass.
Drink no. 4: For this I used two different types of grapes, red and white.
Just throw the grapes into a cup or glass.
I also added some watermelons in the mixture.
Now, "just add water"! You can even keep topping them up with water again and again. Alternatively, you can also add a bit of squash or replace water with lemonade.
And there you have it... Delicious flavoured water. I am also planning to make some with mint, apples, lime, lemon and cucumber too, but that'll be for next time... There are sooo many other possibilities, you can just NEVER run out of ideas and options.
 
CHEERS!


Love always,


 JB’s Kitchen

   
Aol S


Comments