Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 1 of me
Remember the fish market I told you about in my Lobster recipe post? Well, they also bring these massive slabs of salmon and other sea fishes that you can buy in weight for wayyyyy cheaper price than Sainsbury's, ASDA, Tesco, etc.
So, I bought two giant slabs that makes at least 4 large fillets for £5 (yes! Unbelievable I know). They are just the way I like, descaled but intact with the goodness of skin, the spine and some delicious fatty bits laden with omega 3 oil. Mmmmmm…! I cooked it with my zesty tomato sauce and OMG was it gooood! Am still craving…
1. 1 Salmon piece
2. Dash of Olive oil
3. 1/4th of Bolognese pasta sauce
4. 1 Onion chopped
5. Teaspoon of minced garlic
6. Pinch of salt
7. Teaspoon of ginger powder
8. Hint of black pepper
9. (Optional) Lobster liver
So, getting started…
1. Bake the salmon in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes at 200 degree Celsius till cooked through.
2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan add a dash of olive oil and heat. Add garlic and onion and fry till golden brown. Then add the pasta sauce (alternatively you can add 2-3 chopped large tomatoes and cook with soya sauce till mushy and pasta-sauce like) and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Add seasonings (ginger powder and black pepper) and salt to taste and keep simmering (not boiling) for 8 minutes in low-mid heat. You could add lobster liver too if you want.
3. In a pan, add a bit of olive oil (optional) and add the salmon in it to give it a crispy outer layer. Toss the sauce on it and let cook for 5 minute.
Wasn't that quick and easy???