"Dark horse" - Katy Perry ft. Juicy J

Katherine Elizabeth Hudson a.k.a. Katy Perry, hmm… I am still not sure what I make of this artist. She is beautiful and has a strong voice but sometimes on and off for me. The first time I saw her was in the video of her then boyfriend, Travie McCoy from Gym Class Heroes called "Cupid's chokehold". Then her own album came out with the hits like "hot and cold" and "I kissed a girl". I liked the videos and the songs but I wasn't quite impressed with her live performances. I particularly liked her collaboration with Timbaland in "If we ever meet again" from his Shock Value II. Then she really made it big with her Teenage dreams album, releasing hits like "California girls" (that was my jam that whole summer), "Teenage dream", "Fireworks", "Last friday night (T.G.I.F)" and "E.T." By that time I had become a massive fan.


Then she went eccentric :p I don't mean that's particularly bad but I would prefer she concentrated on making music than bold fashion statement. Well, I like her still. Love the fact that she emphasises on how important it is to be proud of who you are in her "Part of me" and "Roar", much like Pink (Uff! love that woman, she is a freakin power house. Such a strong personality and character). But her music was getting a bit too generic for me with "Roar". Well, just when I was almost leaving her bad wagon she comes back with this baby… Love the beats, the tune and everything in it :) Love you Katy...

Enjoy...




Comments