Fully raw mondays

Every monday "Unique Fruits" vegetable market comes to our university and lays out varieties of fresh produce straight from organic farms, home-made spiced and fruit infused cheese and sausages, different types of eggs, nuts, baklavas, turkish delights, bakery products like muffins, cakes, french breads and also large square cut pizzas.


Romanesco broccoli (I have bought but yet to try :p)
I love the freshness of the vegetables and fruits that you can buy individually or by kilos. All the different kinds of mushrooms, cruciferous vegetables, tomatoes, grapes, berries… This is my SPOT right here!!! I am a massive fruit fiend... Give me fruits and I can survive, literally!



Cute mushrooms in the market
So, I have decided, I will go fully raw every monday, eating only fresh fruits and vegetables. That way I can enjoy the sugar in the healthy way, get my 5-a-day and all my supplies of vitamins, nutrients and anti-oxidants directly from the source (pills are a big no no for me!), and avoid fried and fatty food once in a while (since, I totally LOVEEEEE them and hence, should occasionally keep at bay)… Well, if you don't or can't eat fruits, then I seriously feel bad for you….

The best way I find to plan out the whole day's diet is:

Morning breakfast: keep it simple and low in calorie...

I love lemon and limes. So, I like drinking lemon juice in water without anything else in it!! Yes, you read it right, WITHOUT anything else (Hey, I don't judge when you like Marmites! So let's just keep our choices to our selves shall we?!)… I also like to eat apples or pears, how many ever I'd like. 1 apple or 2 pears generally do it for me...

Juices are good too. I generally like to drink freshly blended juice along with the fibres and the edible fruit/vegetable  skins.

Lunch: Eat as much as it takes to fill you!

Go Bananas!

Rich in magnesium, manganese, iron and potassium, I love bananas, they make me feel full and satisfied. But I can eat a whole lot of them :p They also give you good amount of vitamin B6 and vitamin C.

So, 2 large cavendish bananas, a large bowl (4-5 cups) of grapes/3 small oranges and summer berries/cherries are excellent for my lunch. You see, that's a lot of fruit :D Now you might be concerned about the sugar, well, sugar from fruits are not enough to harm you as they are in ice-creams, syrups, fizzy drinks, cakes, etc. So, you can enjoy the goodness of the fruits. However, I am doing it only once a week so, keeping sugar level low is still a good option. Hence I won't have fruits for dinner...


A cup of sweet and juicy red grapes

Dinner: Keep it full of green leafy goodness...

I like salads with avocado, cabbages, baby spinach, rocket, fresh herbs, tomatoes, lettuce, celery, pepper, lemon juice and all the other vegetables I can eat as salad… Make it as large or as small as you would prefer. 

Can eat fruits with it again. However, like I said, I still need to verify if that is okay. Well if I was only living on fruits I wouldn't have minded eating fruits all the time, but remember, I am not eating only fruits every day and hence need to keep it in moderation for myself.

Well, this is the plan so far, I have done this twice before, partially and felt quite good about it too. Will get back to you with some fully raw recipes and results of this change, however small or quite significant the change :)...



With Much Love,

,JB'*.

Comments