Affordable shopping at your door step

Hey everyone… I hope you had a good weekend.

Today I want to talk about shopping that is easy on the pocket yet pretty to the eye… We all love going shopping almost every chance we get. But (and I am sure you already know it well) it is not always a good idea, especially if you are a student and on a tight budget. Well, even if you are not a student, shopping every week might still make your budget unnecessarily tight anyway (Disclaimer: this does not apply to Bill Gates' daughters!).


Well, I am not quite addicted to shopping, or what you call a "shopaholic"… But tendency to buy a pretty new trend that's hip and in, or a pretty style you suddenly visualise in your mind takes over and you get a strong urge to go get it. Well, at least I do :p And what could be better than doing all that with just one click???




So, to all those style conscious and trend-savvy shoppers who would love to shop hot in-fashion styles at affordable price I will list some online shops that helps you complete your chic wardrobe and is easy on the pocket too… And all this done just from the comfort of your home…

For ladies especially residing in UK, I have spent some time and money on each of these websites and have come to conclusion with these 5 online shops. I have put them in the order of 'fashionably good' to 'hell yeah!' according to my opinion only, yours DOES NOT necessarily have to comply with mine.


5. Very.co.uk


http://www.very.co.uk


This website caters not only to the fashion of an individual but also home appliances, furnitures, life style and home decor. This is a family shopping website (if I can call it so). But coming to the clothes selections, there are massive range of brands to choose from, starting from casual day wears to prom dresses, elegant formal attires to alluring lingerie. You will find big names like COAST, FCUK, Oasis, ted baker, etc.


Prices range from £5 for tops all the way up to expensive celebrity jackets costing about £550.


4. Ebay


http://www.ebay.co.uk


Also included on the list is a website we ALL love to browse and buy from. And frankly I prefer it over amazon. On ebay not only can you find anything and everything but also very legit and exclusive things too, and the prices, oh! don't even get me started… I love shopping on ebay, be it for clothes, shoes, accessories, stationaries, electrical equipments or DIY projects, I personally believe that for the price I pay (and trust me when I say I buy A LOT) I am VERY satisfied.  A lot of my fashionable clothes come from ebay, be it from UK or imported from abroad. Some are imitations of the original product and you might have to compromise with the quality slightly but I have no complaints, trust me, simply because I am getting the same trend I see in shops like Zara for 5 times cheaper the price.


For example, this lovely Zara dress will normally cost you over £60, I got it for below £12 ;)



Oriental print Zara dress

Or this Zara imitation coat that coasted me below £20 when the original Zara coat would otherwise cost £40 (excluding postage).


Zara cherry blossom print boyfriend jacket (I am wearing the imitation jacket)


And not just that, if you are lucky or if you don't really mind second hands, you can get really really good deals on that one item you had been wishing for since last year or more :)

3. Missguided


http://www.missguided.co.uk


I love Missguided. You will too if you like stylish mouthwatering jumpsuits and playsuits, especially in block colours for very affordable prices. I can never stop once I start browsing. They also do a wide range of floral/bloom prints (oh I am in love with them). And not just the clothes, their footwear (yummy heels) section can drive you crazy too.


A definite yes to this one.


And the best bit, they give 10% student discount too :D


Love their candy add http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8RMdYghaXw


2. Asos


http://www.asos.com/women/


I like websites where I can see the model ramp walking in the clothes displayed, that way you can comprehend the fit, comfort and style to much greater details. Of course it does not give you the exact analysis for your own body type but it still helps you a lot to decide. This is an absolutely brilliant website for both men and women with ridiculously awesome range of prices and clothes. Items range from simple tops to heavy embellished dresses, ranging from £5 to £450. And excellent quality too. 


Their accessories, bags and shoes collections are also very meticulous and up to the minute.


And 10% discount for students too. What more can you ask for?


I recommend it to everyone who love choosing from a vast gamut of trendy branded and un-branded clothes as well as other items.


1. Boohoo


http://www.boohoo.com


Why boohoo takes the first spot is because it is the most affordable online shop I have ever come across  and the clothes are WOW! They are in vogue, smart, sensual and so freakin comfortable. You have a lot to choose from for both men and women. Pastel perfection to monochrome diva, vintage classics to bold colours, laces to sequins, florals to blocks… I have already bought soooo many items since I found them about a year ago and NEVER once have I been disappointed. And the prices, Damn! I could buy f*^@ ton of clothes and still keep it under my budget without even compromising with the quality as well. Oh and I also get 10% student discount.


So, there you go, here's my winner…


To boohoo.com, I say "HELL YEAH!"




There are other brands too such as AXParis and Bank Fashion that I enjoy browsing through. Just haven't gotten around to shopping with them yet, although you can also visit there outlets (AX Paris have clothing lines sold at New Look and Bank has its own stores) at the mall. Will let you know once I do so :) They do have beautiful collection though I must say...

Also, honourable mentions must be made of the american online shops that you could use (they do worldwide shipping or have UK branches). These are:

Forever21: http://www.forever21.com/UK/Product/Main.aspx?br=f21

For some beautiful and funky ranges of jewellery.(http://www.forever21.com/UK/Product/Category.aspx?br=f21&category=acc_jewellery).

Aldo: http://www.aldoshoes.com/uk
For their superb selection in shoes.

Tobi: http://www.tobi.com
Exclusively for the most à la mode and good-for-all-season clothes.

Well folks, I hope you enjoyed reading my list. Please do let me know about others that you like and is worth listing or even better than these. I am always happy to find new online shops… More excuse for shopping :)

I will make another post on affordable shopping

Till next time, 


Love alway,



SiAo NARA


Comments