Silly poesy: Sleepless...

By Jahnabi Basumatary

Disclaimer: I'm not a poet so please do pardon me… The poem does not always rhyme unfortunately :p But hope it doesn't disappoint you too much :)

Resting in my head, serving my dreams,
Encountering emotions that I had never felt when I’m awake.
Opening my eyes to find it’s just me,
Looking around for something that doesn’t exist,
I smile at my own innocence like a child cackling.

Fading ghosts of that oblivion still linger,
On my cell pad do dance my finger,
Trying to search that name again and again,
That is killing me softly like a dragon slain,
I lie in a sweet surrender of that cherubic voice.

But at two in the morn words seem to fail,
Train of thoughts as if getting derailed.
Not easy to play this game of love,
I can’t say the three words or prove
As if, a million light-years away before making a move.

Compassion and passion run the same race,
Hard to bet on who would ace,
I’m scared even though I’m a fighter,
Nauseated by the fear of betrayal.
Now I’m lost in the translation of my own lingo.

Do you promise to lead the way?
But do not except me to follow.
My feelings are true, don’t doubt ‘em my love,
If you could only see the story behind
These sleepless eyes of mine filled with dreams of love.




***********


Comments